Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Fifth Visit (11-7-10)

What a great day! The weather was great today and I made my fifth visit to my field study location. The temperature was 50° and the length of the day was 10:06. One of the first things that I noticed was all the leaves on the ground, which can be seen in the picture that I take from the same place every time I visit.


While I was out there, I heard something scuttling around in the leaves. As it turns out, the noise came from two black squirrels, but they were to quick for me to get a picture of them. I also heard a flock of geese honking as they flew by overhead. Another interesting thing that I found was a leave that was decaying.


I also noticed how there were basically no leaves in the trees anymore. The last thing I did before I left was to collect my soil samples from my three locations.

1 comment:

  1. Good! I like that you're recognizing things like the fungi, too!

    ReplyDelete