Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Seventh Visit (11-21-10)

Today I made my last visit to my location. The first thing I did was to take my picture from my same location, but with me it. Right after I took the picture my camera ran out of batteries, so I couldn't get any more pictures.


The temperature was in the mid 50's and the time of daylight today was 9:35. I noticed somethings were missing while I was out there: the familiar sound of birds chirping and the mosquitoes and other little bugs. These are sure signs of winter approaching. However I did see some organisms while I was out there, but because of the dead camera batteries, I couldn't get any pictures. I saw a black squirrel that ran up a tree. I saw fungi growing on dead branches and leaves. I even found two worms while getting my soil samples, which was the last thing I did.

With this being my last required visit, I still want to go out to this area some more times in the future. Doing a visit to the same area every week for a while has been a cool experience and I will remember it for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the visits have been good -- it is pretty amazing what is there and how it changes even in a small area!

    ReplyDelete