Monday, November 1, 2010

My Fourth Visit (10-31-10)

Brr! It's cold out there and I forgot to wear a coat. Today I made my fourth visit to my field study location. The number of hours of daylight today was 10:21. It was around 45° and I made my visit at around 5:30. When I got there there were some birds chirping, but other than that I din't see or hear any animals. The leaves are almost all gone from the trees, accept for some in the very highest branches. The leaves that are still in the trees are mostly brown.
While I was there, I also collected my soil samples from my three locations. The last thing I did was take my picture that I take from the same spot every time.
I hope that it doesn't get much colder too quickly because I was taking the warm weather for granted.

1 comment:

  1. We have had a BEAUTIFUL fall! :) This is getting more normal.

    ReplyDelete