Monday, November 15, 2010

My Sixth Visit (11-14-10)

Today I made my sixth visit to y field study location. The temperature was around 50° and the length of the day was 9:49. When I got there I took the picture that I take from the same location every time.
The next thing I did was to take my soil samples from my three locations. Then I looked around for a while and found organisms or evidence of organisms. 

I saw two nests of made out of leaves in a tree.

I also saw some fungi growing on a stick.

I also found some moss growing on a tree branch.

I also heard geese honking as they flew past nearby. Another evidence of organisms that I discovered later were some burrs on my shoelaces. I can see the shift into winter beginning to happen at my location, with all of the trees bare and the temperatures going down. Hopefully it won't get too cold before next week when I make my last visit.

1 comment:

  1. Good. You also have some lichens on this branch (the lighter blue).

    ReplyDelete